Data Collections and UsesThis policy applies to users of Kera Cab’s services anywhere in the world, including users of Kera Cabs’ apps, websites, features or other services.
This policy describes how Kera Cabs and its affiliates collect and use personal information to provide our services. This policy applies to all users of our apps, websites, features or other services anywhere in the world. This policy specifically applies to:
- Customers: users who request or receive transportation
- Drivers: users who provide transportation individually or through partner transportation companies
- Vendors: users who are partner transportation companies
All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” for purposes of this policy.
The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region if permitted under the laws of those places.
Data ControllerKera Cabs provides services to users all over India. If you use our services in India, Kera Cabs Limited Liability Partnership, is the data controller for your information, with office at:
XII/244, JAYANTHI ROAD
CHALAT, PALLIKUNNU POST
KANNUR, KERALA- 670014
Questions, comments and complaints about Kera Cabs’ data practices can be submitted to Kera Cabs’ data protection office through firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Information We Collect
Kera Cabs collects:
- a. Information that you provide to Kera Cabs, such as when you create your Kera Cabs account.
- b. Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- c. Information from other sources, such as Kera Cabs partners and third parties that use Kera Cabs APIs.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of Kera Cabs:
1. Information you provide
This may include:
- a. User profile: We collect information when you create or update your Kera Cabs account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers such as Aadhaar number, driver’s license or passport if required by law, birth date, photo and signature. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Kera Cabs account.
- b. Background check information: We may collect background check information if you sign up to use Kera Cabs’ services as a driver. This may include information such as your driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by a vendor on Kera Cabs’ behalf.
- c. Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
- d. User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact Kera Cabs customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact Kera Cabs.
2. Information created when you use our services
This may include:
a. Location Information
Depending on the Kera Cabs services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a driver, Kera Cabs collects location information when the Kera Cabs app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- If you are a Customer and have provided permission for the processing of location data, Kera Cabs collects location information when the Kera Cabs app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, Kera Cabs also collects this information when the Kera Cabs app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Customers may use the Kera Cabs app without enabling Kera Cabs to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your Kera Cabs app. For example, if you do not enable Kera Cabs to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your pickup address. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during your trip and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Kera Cabs to collect your location information.
b. Transaction Information
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
c. Usage information
We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
d. Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
e. Communications data
We enable users to communicate with each other and Kera Cabs through the Kera Cabs apps, websites, and other services. For example, we enable drivers and Customers to call or text each other. To provide this service, Kera Cabs receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. Kera Cabs may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
- a. Location Information
3. Information from other sources
These may include:
- a. User feedback, such as ratings or compliments.
- b. Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
- c. Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- d. Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- e. Kera Cabs business partners through which you create or access your Kera Cabs account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites who use Kera Cabs’ APIs or whose API Kera Cabs uses (such as when you order a ride through Google Maps).
- f. Insurance providers (if you are a driver or vendor).
- g. Financial services providers (if you are a driver or vendor).
- h. Vendor companies (if you are a driver who uses our services through an account associated with such a partner transportation company).
- i. Publicly available sources.
- j. Marketing service providers.
Kera Cabs may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
Kera Cabs collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient transportation. We also use the information we collect:
- a. To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- b. For customer support
- c. For research and development
- d. To enable communications to or between users
- e. To provide promotions or contests
- f. In connection with legal proceedings
- g. To enable payment processing
Kera Cabs does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
Kera Cabs uses the information it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing services and features
Kera Cabs uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- a. Create and update your account.
- b. Verify your identity.
- c. Enable transportation.
- d. Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- e. To track the progress of your ride.
- f. Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a compliment about a driver, refer a friend to Kera Cabs, or share your ETA.
- g. Enable features to personalize your Kera Cabs account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations.
- h. Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
2. Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
- a. Screening drivers prior to enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks where permitted by law, to prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers.
- b. Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information, in certain countries, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents.
3. Customer support
Kera Cabs uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- a. Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- b. Investigate and address your concerns
- c. Monitor and improve our customer support responses
4. Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
5. Communications among users
Kera Cabs uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a driver may text or call a Customer to confirm a pickup location.
6. Communications from Kera Cabs
Kera Cabs may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
Kera Cabs may also use the information to serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as a Kera Cabs user.
7. Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Kera Cabs’ services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
8. Payment Processing
We use the payment details you provide to assist in payment processing. Such details will be encrypted using secure sockets layer (SSL) technology before they are submitted to us over the internet. Payments made on the Website/App are made through our payment gateway providers.
- a. Authenticating users
- b. Remembering user preferences and settings
- c. Determining the popularity of content
- d. Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
Information Sharing and DisclosureSome of Kera Cabs’ products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Kera Cabs may share the information we collect:
1. With other users
For example, if you are a Customer, we may share your first name, and pickup and/or drop-off locations with drivers.
If you are a driver, we may share information with your Customer(s) including name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location; average rating provided by Customers; total number of trips; for how long you have been using the Kera Cabs app; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a driver profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past Customers have submitted about you.
2. At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
Kera Cabs business partners. For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Kera Cabs may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs, vehicle suppliers, or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate.
3. With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users – including through public forums such as Kera Cabs website and social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
4. With the owner of Kera Cabs accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your trip information with the owner of that profile. This occurs, for example, if you are:
- a. A driver using an account owned by a vendor company.
- b. A Customer who takes a trip arranged by a friend or under a Family Profile.
5. With Kera Cabs subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf.
6. With Kera Cabs service providers and business partners
Kera Cabs may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- a. Payment processors and facilitators.
- b. Background check providers (drivers and vendors only).
- c. Cloud storage providers.
- d. Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- e. Data analytics providers.
- f. Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Kera Cabs or on Kera Cabs’ behalf.
- g. Vendors that assist Kera Cabs to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- h. Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- i. Insurance and financing partners.
- j. Airports.
- k. Vehicle solution vendors or third-party vehicle suppliers.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
7. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Kera Cabs may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Kera Cabs’ rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person’s credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
With your consent
Kera Cabs may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention and Deletion
Kera Cabs retains user profile and other information for as long as you maintain your Kera Cabs account.
Kera Cabs retains transaction, location, usage and other information for the time as required by regulatory, tax, insurance or other requirements in the places in which it operates. Kera Cabs thereafter deletes or anonymizes such information in accordance with applicable laws.
Users may request deletion of their accounts through the privacy settings in the app/website at any time. Following such request, Kera Cabs deletes the information that it is not required to retain, and restricts access to or use of any information it is required to retain.
In certain circumstances, Kera Cabs may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Kera Cabs will delete your account as described above.
Kera Cabs may also retain certain information, if necessary, for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if Kera Cabs shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Kera Cabs may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Kera Cabs account in the future.
Choice and Transparency
Kera Cabs provides means for you to see information that Kera Cabs collects through:
- a. in-app privacy settings
- b. device permissions
- c. in-app ratings pages
1. Privacy Settings
The Privacy Settings menu in the Kera Cabs Customer app gives users the ability to set or update their location sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Kera Cabs. Information on these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings are described below.
Kera Cabs uses Customer's device location services to make it easier to get a safe, reliable ride whenever you need one. Location data helps improve our services, including pickups, navigation, and customer support.
Notifications: Account and Trip Updates
Kera Cabs provides users with trip status notifications and updates related to your account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Kera Cabs app, and cannot be disabled.
2. Device Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Kera Cabs app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Kera Cabs app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
3. Ratings Look-Up
After every trip, drivers and Customers are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the trip went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both drivers and Customers.
Your Customer rating is available in the main menu of the Kera Cabs customer app.
Your driver rating is available in the Ratings tab of the Kera Cabs Partner app.
You may request that Kera Cabs correct any inaccurate information that Kera Cabs has about you. You can also edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in Kera Cabs’ apps. You can also look up your trip history in the Kera Cabs apps.
Updates to This PolicyWe may occasionally update this policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Kera Cabs apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.